Salted Caramel Chocolate Tart Recipe
Valentine’s Day Treat – Salted Caramel Chocolate Tart
By Honey & Date
Treat your Valentine’s day date/friends/workout buddy to these yummy salted caramel chocolate tarts, we promise they will love you forever!
We were lucky to be invited to Honey & Date’s kitchen to create these delicious raw tarts – no need for an oven, just a fridge and lots of healthy and tasty ingredients. Spread the love and we hope you enjoy them!
Ingredients: (6 pieces)
Using 10cm loose base tart tins
1 Cup of Cashews
1 Cup of Desiccated coconut
1 Tbsp of Cacao Powder
150g of Dates
150g of Dates (soaked 4-6 hours)
105g of Coconut Oil, melted
100g of Maple Syrup
150ml Hot Water
1 Tsp Himalayan Salt
50g of Coconut Oil, melted
25g of Cocoa Powder
1 ½ Tbsp of Maple Syrup
1/3 Tsp Himalayan Salt
100ml Coconut milk (optional)
1. For the base, put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until it becomes a sticky crumb.
2. Put a couple of spoonful of the mixture into the loose base tart tins. Press down and around to form a crust/base. Place in fridge.
3. While the base cools in the fridge, blend all the salted caramel ingredients in the food processor to create a sticky but runny (and so delicious) salted caramel sauce.
4. Pour the salted caramel sauce and fill the tart bases. Return to the fridge to cool for 30 mins.
5. Move on to the chocolate ganache, mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
6. Pour a thin layer on each of the tarts and place into the fridge until chocolate is set.
7. Serve chilled and enjoy!